Published on March 29th, 2018 | from CAMH
Call me Catherine: the podcast edition
By Sean O’Malley, Senior Media Relations Specialist and co-host of the CAMH podcast
As anyone who has had the privilege of meeting CAMH President and CEO Dr. Catherine Zahn knows, “Call me Catherine” is not just the title of her blog, it’s one of her guiding principles as one of Canada’s leading health care executives.
As she pointed out when she sat down with me and co-host Senior Medical Advisor Dr. David Goldbloom for the latest CAMH podcast, “You may have noticed that on my desk my nameplate just says Catherine.”
That commitment to openness and accessibility was on full display over the course of our wide-ranging hour-long conversation.
Among the topics discussed:
- The life-skills she acquired as a child helping out on the family farm in rural Ohio
- Why becoming a Canadian citizen was such an important moment in her life
- Why she came to CAMH
- How her background in neurology informs her work as a CEO
- The importance of her role as a mentor to women seeking executive leadership positions
- The behind-the-scenes story of her private meeting with Prime Minister Trudeau
- Her future plans